What is the screenshot contest?
Back in 2017, we held a contest exclusive to our Discord server where Toons could submit screenshots we could use as new loading screens in-game. As of v126.96.36.199, we’re scrapping all the screenshots we collected then due to our switch in source code. Starting today, we opening up a new contest so you can have a chance to submit your own screenshots to possibly be used in-game. Keep reading to learn the requirements for each screenshot, and even possible rewards for your submissions!
Screenshot Requirements & Prizes
We plan to narrow all the submissions we receive down to a total of 15-20 screenshots per Playground and Cog Headquarters. Because of this, we implore you to submit a variety of different screenshots from areas around Toontown. The screenshots you submit should represent Toontown Offline in particular. It’s okay to submit a few scenic screenshots of an area, however our goal is for people to glance at one of our loading screens and think to themselves, “Yeah, that’s Toontown Offline.” If you have this mindset while taking screenshots for our contest, you should be good to go. Here are some of the more specific requirements, specifications, and tips:
- To submit a screenshot, visit https://ttoffline.com/entry and make sure you are signed up for an account on our website. In order to begin submitting screenshots, you must link your Discord account to our website so we can contact you after the contest is over.
- All screenshots should be taken in a 16:9 aspect ratio.
- All screenshots should be no smaller than a 1600x900 pixel resolution.
- All screenshots should be taken in Toontown Offline v188.8.131.52.test. Do not submit a screenshot taken in any old versions of Toontown Offline.
- Do not apply any filters or extra effects to your screenshots. Submit them as-is.
- Do not enable any content packs when taking screenshots.
- Do not use Software Mode when taking screenshots.
- If you are submitting more than a few screenshots, please try to limit the amount of times your Toon makes an appearance. Please do not submit multiple screenshots with your Toon in all of them. We prefer for generic or NPC Toons to be in most of the screenshots.
- Please try to keep chat bubbles in screenshots to a minimum. We are more likely to approve screenshots without them, because we feel your screenshot should be able to tell a story without words. In addition, please use whitelisted-only words if you do want dialog in your screenshot.
- Please try to submit your screenshots as PNG files. JPGs are fine if necessary.
- Please note that when in-game, the Toontown Offline logo will cover the top-middle portion of your screenshot. As such, try to make sure anything you would not want to be covered stays clear of this area.
- Take your screenshot using either the F9 key in-game, or via a 3rd party screen capture program.
- To hide nametags and chat bubbles, press the F2 key.
- To hide your on-screen GUI, press the F3 key.
- To move your camera around, press the F4 key.
This contest will close on August 30th, 2019. Once it closes, we will tally up all the entries and determine which ones will be going in-game. The top 3 Toons who submit the most approved screenshots will receive a brand new, never-before-seen Toontown Offline trading card. These trading cards will be available for free to the general public at a later date. This trading card can be seen in the thumbnail of this post. The Toon who submits the most that we end up using will, in addition, receive a Toontown Offline poster. These posters are team-member exclusives, and these will not be available to the general public.
On September 1st, we will announce and personally contact the winners of the contest. Well, what are you waiting for? Hop over to the downloads section of our website to log onto our Test Server, and start taking some screenshots! Note: Our Test Server is currently in whitelist mode. In order to become whitelisted, please refer to the announcements channel in the Test Server Discord.
Well, that's about all from me. If you have any questions, feel free to contact us in either one of our Discord server. Until next time, have a good one all!
The Toontown Offline Team